If you are visiting my blog, I ask that you keep in mind that this is a personal diary for myself. I don't mind if others read what I've written, I just ask that you refrain from making inappropriate comments. To read more about my family and our daily lives, you can go here. Or go here to read of our endeavors in Homeschooling. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 1

Love is Patient
Ephesians 4:2-3
"With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."


*Proverb 14:29 ~ He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
*Proverb 15:18 ~ A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.
*1Thessalonians 5:15 ~ See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.


Today's Dare

Resolve to demonstrate patience and say nothing negative to Anthony.

   Did anything happen today to cause anger toward Anthony? Was I tempted to think disapproving thoughts and to let them come out in words? How did today go?

~ Well, I know why I never make plans! LOL Anthony and I had decided to spend the evening doing some much needed cleaning in our bedroom. That's not happening, afterall. But, the reason is okay. You see, we have noticed that we are becoming more and more like roommates. We never seem to get to spend much time with each other, wheather we're home or not. He thinks I'm never home, and I think he's never home.....
   Anyway, we'd decided to let the kids watch a movie (or two, if needed) while we cleaned and visited about all the things that have been going on in our lives. Lots of new things happening. Then, after I got the boys to bed, we had planned on spending some more time together going to bed, ourselves! *wink wink* When you have 4 boys and a tiny house, those alone moments are hard to come by (especially when you throw in past strains in the marriage).
   But, alas, those plans are falling through very fast. But, as I said, it's okay. Anthony's Grandma was put in the hospital this morning. He feels a very strong need to go see her for a couple of days. She's not been doing so very well the last few months. He needs to see her before something happens. When his Grandpa got really sick, he didn't get to see him as much, and it bothered him, of course. So, although he was looking forward very excited about cleaning later tonight, he needs to go. So, I'll wait till he comes back!

On another note, I've not said anything negative to him, today! Yay me! Haha! Believe me, I wanted to. He left a little bit ago to get gas money for his death machine motorcycle. When he left, he said he needed $40 or $50 bucks for gas, plus some oil. When he came home, he'd gotten $60 bucks. Now, I know it's only $10 extra. But, when you've gone 11 years of NEVER having money, $10 bucks is a big deal, so my initial reaction is, "I can't believe he did it again! He can't just do what he says he will!" But, this time, I managed to breathe first. We're not in such dire straights right now, that I need to begrudge him $10 extra bucks to go see his sick Grandma! I hate that my automatic response is to always fuss about things. But, I must say, I'm proud of myself, today. No fussing!

James 1:19 ~ Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

No comments:

Post a Comment