If you are visiting my blog, I ask that you keep in mind that this is a personal diary for myself. I don't mind if others read what I've written, I just ask that you refrain from making inappropriate comments. To read more about my family and our daily lives, you can go here. Or go here to read of our endeavors in Homeschooling. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 2

Love is Kind
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
 even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

 
*Proverb 3:3-4 ~ Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

 
There are four core ingredients to being kind:

  1. Gentleness
  2. Helpfulness
  3. Willingness
  4. Initiative


*Luke 10 ~ The Parable of the Samaritan
*Proverb 31:26 ~ She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

 
Today's Dare

 
In addition to saying nothing negative to Anthony again,
do at least one unexpected thing out of kindness.

 
What discoveries about love did I make today? What specific thing did I do for this dare? How did I show kindness?

 
~ With Anthony being gone to see Grandma Nall, this weekend, it's been hard to come up with something I could do for him. But I think I found something. But first, a little background story, so that the reasoning behind it can be understood.

 
   Anthony and I have been married for over 11 years. In that time frame, I could probably count the number of times I've done his laundry on one hand (maybe both). It's just been the one thing that he's always done (besides the garbage and mowing) around the house. I do mine and the kids, and he does his. Over the years, I've fussed and fumed that his laundry never gets done when it should. It's always all over the floor. He overloads the washer and dryer. Among other things. Yet, it's only gotten to were I couldn't stand it, to were I did it myself, a few times. Partly, because I just don't think about it, and partly, because I figure he's a big boy. He ought to figure it out, by now, how to do the laundry the right way. So, his dirty laundry piles up until he has enough for three loads and he does them in one or two; and then the clean laundry ends up in the floor after it's dried. Which leads to another excuse I use. I can never tell which of the piles are clean and which is dirty, without smelling them. AND I'M NOT GONNA DO THAT!!!
   So, today, I did his laundry AND put it all up! Now, that will be one less thing we have to worry about, when we get around to doing that major cleaning spree, we need to have in the bedroom.

 

 
Proverb 19:22 ~ The desire of a man is his kindness:...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment