If you are visiting my blog, I ask that you keep in mind that this is a personal diary for myself. I don't mind if others read what I've written, I just ask that you refrain from making inappropriate comments. To read more about my family and our daily lives, you can go here. Or go here to read of our endeavors in Homeschooling. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 8

Love is Not Jealous
Song of Solomon 8:6
Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm:
 for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof
 are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.

Jealousy ~ Zeal ~ to burn with an intense fire
* Proverb 27:4 ~ "Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?"

Two Forms of Jealousy:
 1) Legitimate [based on love]
* Deuteronomy 4:24 ~ "For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God."

 2) Illegitimate [based on hate]
* James 3:16 ~ "For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work."
* 4:1-2 ~ "From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not."

Today's Dare

Determine to become Anthony's biggest fan and reject any thoughts of jealousy.To help me set my heart on him and focus on his acheivements, take yesterday's list of negative attributes and discreetly burn it. Then share with him how glad I am about a recent success he recently enjoyed.

How hard was it to destroy that list? What are some positive experiences that I can celebrate in the life of Anthony? How can I encourage him toward future successes?

~ It wasn't hard to burn the paper, I just forgot to do it yesterday. Got busy, and totally forgot to do my dare. OOPS!
   Something positive to celebrate in Anthony's life?........
He finally learned to stick up for me when it comes to his family. He takes my side over theirs more. He used to say one thing to them and then change his mind because he didn't want to deal with it.That left me lookijg like the bad gut, the one who made the first dicision in the first place. Now, he tends to stick with our decisions a lot more.
   How can I encourage him?.........
I can continue to praise him when he does this. Continue to build up his self-worth.

Romans 12:15 ~ "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep."


No comments:

Post a Comment